Hello everyone !
It’s been 3 weeks since I finished the 100k in Antarctica. It is now time to tell you what I’ve learned from this race.
Firstly, I would like to tell you that the result (2nd place) was all thanks to an entire team of people. Firstly, my family, my press officer who informed you on social media on how the race was going, my sponsors’ trust in me, the medical staff who gave me advice numerous times and my friends as well as my acquaintances who supported me.
- The end result is related to an entire group of people and not down to only one person.
- A strong mental is key to success, it’s entirely part of the training.
- The physical preparation needs to be adapted to the body’s limits.
- The respect of nature and being able to listen to it has to be kept in mind all the time.
- The way the race is run needs to be adapted to ones physical abilities.
« One should not try to add years to its life but rather try to add life to its years »